Monday, February 13, 2017

welcome!

Hi and welcome to the Zero Waste Tampa Bay page!
My name is Graciela and I am a Tampa native. Last May I had my big "aha" moment- I became Zero Waste and Vegan right after my 35th Birthday.  At times, it hasn't been easy but I would not change a thing.  


I founded Zero Waste Tampa Bay as a meet-up group, to connect with locals who want to start their journey or who are already on a zero waste path. My dream is to make it so much more. Everyday we make choices that help our environment, our community and each other.  I hope I can inspire you to make a change, even if it's just one small change in your life to help keep our Earth beautiful for each other, the animals, and our future.

                                      

6 comments:

  1. Please put more tips on reducing waste on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I unfortunately have been slacking on this platform as I am trying to build my website. Please follow me on Instagram if you have an account.
      I will post more on here soon. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello Graciela,

    Do you have any current meeting locations for this meetup in the new tampa or wesley chapel area in Florida? If so, when and where are the meetups? I'm a wesley chapel resident who is very interested in learning more about Zero Waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fernando!
      I haven’t scheduled any new meet ups as I have been focusing on workshops lately. Follow me on Instagram to see events as I post them. I could always meet one on one with you, or with a group of your friends/family.

      Delete
  3. I saw you on news recently. Kudos to you. You said you have someone pick up your recyclables. Can you share the name? Sarasota waste mgmt says they, don't recycle everything due to contamination. That's odd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apart from the company names that you have mentioned, there are more companies which eco-friendly, plastic-free products, Zero waste product bags and also company supplier. That is the name of those companies.
    • Greenupward
    • Goingzerowaste
    • zerowastehome.

    ReplyDelete